Tuesday, October 12, 2010

September 21, 2010

I can't believe transfers are already here! As you already know, me and Sister Furugen are staying in Bonney Lake. This is gonna be my 4th transfer down here and my 3rd transfer with Sister Furugen. It took us by surprise that Sister Lee was leaving us since she has only been here for one transfer. I'm gonna miss her because we were just starting to become good friends. But there is always a reason! We will still be friends forever :) We found out that Sister Lee is going back to Dash Point with Sister Gibbons! (We are sneaky and found out this morning...we have our ways!) We still aren't sure if we are gonna be in a 3-some again. We won't know for sure till we go to transfer meeting in Renton in about an hour. If we do have a 3-some though, Sister Ganzorig will probably be the one who comes here. She is from Mongolia. I'll try and write you later to let you know what happens :) I love all the crazy transfer guesses!

Yesterday the Washington Seattle mission was truly blessed. Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi of the seventy came and spoke to our whole mission (188 missionaries). It was a once in a life time experience. I am still trying to process everything I learned and I felt. He is an amazing man and I know he is God's servant. As he spoke and also my mission president, I could feel the spirit so strongly and I know this is what we needed to be united as a missionary. He blessed us with so many beautiful promises if we are exactly obedient. I wish I could share everything that I learned! He talked to us for about 2 hours and it was one of the neatest experiences. Now I, and my companions, are more determined to be exactly obedient and to go out and find those who are prepared to hear the gospel. All we have to do is BELIEVE!! Nothing is impossible with the Lord. Elder Kikuchi said that our tithing as missionaries it to be 100% obedient. In order to be a full tithe payer, we can't just pay 9%; we have to pay the full 10%! I thought that was a really neat comparison.

Here are a couple things that I learned from Elder Kikuchi:
*Read the Book of Mormon everyday for at least 30 minutes! We need that spirit everyday and we can't get it from any other book.
*Every morning we can have our own sacred grove experience. As we follow the morning schedule exactly and take time to pour out our soul to the Lord, we will be blessed with sacred, special experiences.
*He read in the Bible Dictionary under prayer on pg. 753. "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others, blessings that God is already willing to grant..."

I learned so much more! I will send you a letter if I have time today and share some more thoughts.

I have to go now. Sorry I don't have more time to write! Know that I love you all though!

Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment