Tuesday, October 12, 2010

August 10, 2010

Today we have transfers so I don't have a lot of time on e-mail today. I'm going to try and write fast though! As you know from Karen and Terry, I am staying in Victor Falls with Sis. Furugen and we are pretty sure we are getting a 3rd sister, Sister Lee from South Korea but we won't know for sure till we go to transfer meeting in a couple hours. Its gonna be fun either way! I'm excited for the opportunity I will have to learn and grow and to have to step it up and be a better example. I know it won't be easy but I'm excited for the challenge and this new experience that I will have. One plus for sure is that I will get to drive now! Wahoo!

On Sunday night, I came up to Sammamish to be with Sister Graf and Sister Kim. Sister Graf had to leave on Monday morning so I went up there to be with Sister Kim. It was a different experience seeing Sister Graf packing and getting ready to leave. It made me think about when I will return home. Am I gonna accomplish everything that I had planned? Am I gonna look back with no regrets? As I thought of that, it made me want to be a better missionary. It also helped me realize that the mission is gonna go by so fast, it already is. The experience I had to be with Sister Graf helped give me a better perspective!

On Monday morning, Sister Graf had to be at the mission home on Mercer Island at 9 am so we went there with her and dropped her off. It was sad to see her leave! I know see is on to bigger adventures now. Once we dropped her off, I got to be the driver! lol I spent the day with Sister Kim in her area. We had a pretty good day and it was fun being in another area. It was a little difficult though because it was a totally new area, no gps, and only maps so I had to try and navigate everywhere we were going. That alone was a learning experience for me!

We also had a church tour this week with Linda and Amanda. We found them tracting about a month ago and have had a couple lessons with them since. This week we took them on a church tour and the spirit was so strong. It was a very neat experience. We sang "families can be together forever" and "I am a child of God". There is power in music and to have them read those simple lyrics for the first time was very spiritual. They aren't on date for baptism yet but I know they will be soon. They felt the spirit so strongly and they have told us that whenever we are with them, they feel good and all their problems seems to go away for a short time. I love both of them so much and I can't wait for the day that I will be able to see them baptized so they can receive all the blessings our Father in Heaven has for them! Also, they came to church this week for the first time and they enjoyed it and they felt the spirit in the meeting. The topic for sacrament meeting was how to receive personal revelation and to recognize the spirit so it was perfect for them.

We had zone conference this week! It was a great spiritual boost and I learned so much that made me want to become a better missionary. I felt the spirit so strongly as President Larkin spoke and the testimonies from many other missionaries.

I wish I could describe everything I have felt this week. Its been a very spiritually, uplifting week! I couldn't of asked for a better week!


No comments:

Post a Comment